There is no way to identify with being a human being and feel invulnerable. The world projected from that identity is one of attack. It was made, after all, as an attack on God; as an attempt to establish authorship of myself and God. It is the quintessential mark of the separation. It is the compulsive need to be right.
The journey to the cross was the last foolish journey, Jesus asks that I but accept it as my own, and join his resurrection. This means I can literally discontinue in the hopeless repetitive compulsive attempts to re-enact the separation, the loss of power, the ridiculous attempts, as identified with the ego, to restore innocence through attacking myself through guilt or quilting (murdering) my brothers in self-defense. …
I love this line from chapter 4: “Do not make the pathetic human error of "clinging to the old rugged cross." The only message of the crucifixion is in respect for man's ability to OVERCOME the cross. Unless he does so, he is free to crucify himself as often as he chooses.”
My real worth is in my divine authorship. Jesus can only guide me from my ego if I am identify myself, however briefly, as Spirit; the guiltless Son of God. That is the essence of what I have come to.
It is only when I am identified with God; Christ and the sonship that I experience freedom from the impending vulnerability of a guilty past and the subsequent retribution or reciprocity. These are part of the time/space belief in separation.
The Son of God rests in the eternal now, and I am God’s Son, as He created. I identify with Spirit which is in a state of grace. This opens my mind to re-learn the meaning of the world… as well as my part in its salvation. I know that I don’t understand what anything means…and, I don’t try to understand. I ask, “How can I be helpful?”
I world I see reflects the thoughts I hold in my mind about what I think I am. Period.
I am only light. And I am here to light the world with the happy message of Atonement.
I, personally, have no clue how to do this… WOW!
I just know that this is the only job I want. It is the only thing I believe in anymore. It’s the only thing I believe has any chance of lasting happiness and the only thing that brings me joy… always, constantly ~ NOW, always already….
I follow in the way appointed me by Jesus. The method given me that spells it out is A Course in Miracles. Thank you, Jesus.
It’s a matter of practice and repetition, practice and repetition. No one, including Jesus/Holy Spirit can do it for me. Prayer is not enough. The habit of engaging with God is developed the same way all my personal ‘comfort’ habits, like ‘attack to stave off vulnerability, were developed. Practice and repetition.
I have a standing appointment with God, to come as Spirit, first thing every morning. I get up at the wee hours as a dedication to the lack of interference and I get still. I have been doing this one act, even when I was hung-over and ashamed, since the beginning of my relationship with A Course in Miracles, over 20 years ago.
It’s a habit.
So too is the habit of getting still and turning inward when I truly want peace. When the world around me does not seem like it is my fault, I have the habit of looking inward at my thoughts and asking for another way of perceiving.
I had no language, except maybe the beggar’s cry, with which to talk to God when I first started this date with Jesus, called A Course in Miracles. The Course took my symbols and washed them clean, rearranged them in a way that felt honest and let them flow like love through my mind and lips.
It’s funny, even as a child, I knew deep down that all the apologizing and making promises and pleading were not what God would have of me, but what I need to do for myself. But I had no other point of reference that didn’t feel phony. Eventually, I quit trying. I had taught myself I was too ashamed to show up again with the same old dirge. See: practice and repetition. That’s how it’s done in this world.
I have a habit of using the lessons to correct my thinking, and restore my mind to peace. So I keep doing them. It’s a stabilizing recommitment to my singular purpose in God.
My attack thoughts attack my invulnerability. Today’s lesson shows me how t identify where attack thoughts are currently operating in my life and how to loosen there grip. I love it. It works every time! Don’t take my word for it. Try it yourself.
Try it yourself, try making and keeping a standing date with God; praying in gratitude that the answer is given. Appreciating everything as is; letting all things be exactly as they are… trust…
Practice and repeat. Practice and repeat.
I love you.

No comments:
Post a Comment