I DO NOT KNOW


"Simply do this: Be still and lay aside all thoughts of what you are and what God is; all concepts you have learned about the world; all images you hold about yourself. Empty you mind of everything it thinks is either true or false, or good or bad, of every thought it judges worthy, and all the ideas of which it is ashamed. Hold onto nothing. Do not bring with you one thought the past has taught, not one belief you learned before from anthing. Forget this world, forget this course, and come with wholly empty hands unto your God..."



Wednesday, January 28, 2009

GOD IS... NOW!

I LOVE LOOKING AT GOD.

GOD IS IN EVERYTHING I SEE.

Here is what I came to realize through my commitment to follow Jesus on the path appointed me, A Course in Miracles. Seeing God is a present moment experience. It is not a function of the physical eyes. It is, however, the purpose of the physical eyes in this world, used as a communication device for the Love of God. The alignment with purpose is the authoritative directive. 

It is only the identification with a set of ideas (ego) which are in competition with the Real, or God, that pulls the wool over our eyes, denying the truth. This identity shows us our stories of trying to see, while attempting to ensure its own survival.

 For me, it starts with the commitment to see as God would have me see, above all else.

Try this little exercise for fun. It works for me:

Take a look at what is in front of you; these words, that face, those hands, the chair you’re sitting on… Now, close your eyes and shake off the images you just saw. Toss out every idea you have of what you thought you saw, every judgment and evaluation perception showed you, and open your mind.  Feel the love that remains beneath and within.

Now, look again. See, God is right there in front of you, in the paper, your hands, the cat, the wall... God can't be missed. 

It is Christ within that does the looking for us. We just do what the lesson tells us to do.

It is as simple as that. I clear my mind and be present here, now. It is His Presence that does the seeing for me. God is all there is. Everything else is a dream.  Wake up now and see! This is the invitation of today’s lesson.

This is the only time. And today’s lesson invites us to experience God, now!

I finally realized that there is no future moment, when I’ll be more prepared... The future never happens. Everything happens now. The experience I'd  been waiting for happens right now … 

God is in everything I see.

Whether we accept the invitation or not, God is in each and everything we see. It couldn’t be anything else. We’re looking at God when we look at the inanimate as well as our children, friends and strangers. God is every one of them. He is in every thing and every moment and a beyond.

God is in everything...

He’s everywhere. Look and see. Doesn’t that feel right? Like Love is in the air...Like everything is perfect now. 

It’s absolutely enlivening, isn’t it?

That’s the experience of God.

Today’s lesson says: “Try to begin to learn to look on all things with love, appreciation, and open-mindedness.”

I love this idea, why not love everything? It just feels better. And it improves your sight taboot.

God is in everything I see, in you and me…

I love you.

 

No comments: