I’m interested in one thing. PEACE! Period. It is so easy to allow ourselves to get distracted or sidetracked from the one goal to which the Course aims. PEACE. Problems solving really appeals to the strategic mind. But peace is beyond it. I know, I’m a smart gal. I have never been able to solve a problem and while being in perfect peace. Peace and problems are incongruent with each other. Sure, problem-solving can distract, feel grandiose and even sedate the focus of attention on the pain of the problem. That is its best shot. It is not peace.
Having been that route and failed. I look for one thing and one thing only in every situation: Does it meet the test of perfect peace. I judge the answer by the way I feel. Do I feel awesome? Free? Happy and joyous? Peaceful and content? Imperturbable? Unafraid? Do I want to share and give and blend? Do I see the same all about me?
Where’s the problem now? NOWHERE!
If I am not feeling this way, I have missed the mark in my perception and I need a re-focus. Forgiveness is that refocus. I invite the Holy Spirit to show me the meaning of what I behold, and wait. Here’s what I’ve found. If I will do just that~ bring my thinking under Jesus’ guidance and wait… ‘Patience is natural to those who trust’... the serene awareness that I need do nothing, but accept what has been done for me, a blanket of peace spreads within and settles over me.
For the longest time I didn’t get this. I was looking for an answer to my problem, unwilling to let the problem go. I was only making statements of my facts and then asking the Holy Spirit to be my errand boy for the solution I thought I needed. But here’s the marker~ even when I got what I thought was the answer, it did not satisfy. Only God satisfies. Only His Peace, and only His plan for salvation.
Here’s what I have found. No methods in this world work. All methods are stepping stones when the whole problem of separation is given over to the Holy Spirit. Seen from the addicted or problem mind, they are all what the Course refers to as magic. The temptation to fix on a new healing program, add more, seemingly new information about your body type or personality type or even how you run energy is just an attempt to raise body thoughts to the level of mind. I ask myself this question: what am I looking for? Why am I searching? Searching itself is a total distraction from my function of forgiveness. Where does my certainty and safety rest?
Everything I did before in the name of safety no longer interests me. I am safe, and I know it to be so. I have a Guide Who will not fail. And it stops there. I have the answer. It is the love I am with which I light the world.

No comments:
Post a Comment