I DO NOT KNOW


"Simply do this: Be still and lay aside all thoughts of what you are and what God is; all concepts you have learned about the world; all images you hold about yourself. Empty you mind of everything it thinks is either true or false, or good or bad, of every thought it judges worthy, and all the ideas of which it is ashamed. Hold onto nothing. Do not bring with you one thought the past has taught, not one belief you learned before from anthing. Forget this world, forget this course, and come with wholly empty hands unto your God..."



Wednesday, February 4, 2009

THE TAO OF HOLINESS: Or A Day in the Life of Ambrose and Sparta

My holiness envelops everything I see…

I’m laughing my head-off right now, watching the cats. It’s crazy how much fun I’m having, watching them try to figure out what the bleep is going on.

I love it!

They are so present. Right now they are going crazy over the washer. They’re like a kid in a candy store. Scratch that. They’re a couple of cats watching a frontload washer. The level of attention they are paying to each single move…I’m looking at that right now as a model for mind watching. Yes! Right?...

Have you ever really paid attention to a cat watching a mouse, rat or gerbil or hamster? I have. (The boys have had every sort of rodent. I think it is fair to say that Ambrose and Sparta have seen these rodent pets a bit more like bait than intended.) My point is that a cat watching potential prey is a marvelous teacher in presence.

Being present is a completely awake experience: all systems are at maximum effectiveness. Everything is set to go and at perfect readiness to be used, to be helpful…

This is our perfect holiness! It envelops everything we see.  

We undergo a radical reorientation once we make the definitive, wholehearted decision to take the required course. And once we begin the curriculum with the Holy Spirit. Jesus, the countless holy encounters of student/ teacher relationships; nothing can be taken at face value again. We are undertaking a meticulous mind-training.

It is not for the faint-hearted. I know. I require true commitment. It is all. It is total. It is whole. It is holiness in action.  And transformation of all that is seen takes place before your very eyes. I KNOW. Miracles replace all errors in sight and thinking. A new, or better yet, original Self begins to see through to only holiness.

My holiness envelops everything I see…

I cast about and see the holiest of sights: LOVE; everyone, everything, everywhere. It’s all God to me.

Where once there was judgment, hurt, anger and fear; I see only forgiveness. I see myself everywhere I look.

The holiest of places on earth, is where an ancient hatred has been replaced by present love…

 Thank you for blessing me with your holiness, which is my own.

I love you.

No comments: