I DO NOT KNOW


"Simply do this: Be still and lay aside all thoughts of what you are and what God is; all concepts you have learned about the world; all images you hold about yourself. Empty you mind of everything it thinks is either true or false, or good or bad, of every thought it judges worthy, and all the ideas of which it is ashamed. Hold onto nothing. Do not bring with you one thought the past has taught, not one belief you learned before from anthing. Forget this world, forget this course, and come with wholly empty hands unto your God..."



Thursday, January 22, 2009

COMMUNICATION WITH GOD IS LIFE

Pick an experience… any experience. I pick resistance.

Resistance is funny, yet an effect tool deployed by the dark side. You want to do something that, when you do it, you feel awesome about yourself, but the mere decision to act makes your limbs go numb. Your mind goes blank and it seems you can’t remember why you wanted to do it in the first place. Any other time seems like it would probably be a better time for you. Why did you tell yourself you‘d so it anyway? You wish you hadn’t made the promise to yourself, because the one thing you are sure of is that if you cop out now, you’ll once again feel the horrid flogging of self betrayal. It’s just the program hard-wired into the world we see… That’s the merry-go-round.

I can escape the world I see, by giving up attack thoughts.

Resistance always means that I am in doubt of what I should do. I have made a decision by myself and created an agenda. This then furthermore must be fulfilled, because by doing this I am assigning it the value of my (and everyone’s) worth. It is the attraction to guilt. I have decided wrongly. I am not at peace. I made the decision by myself so I must now decide to ask the Holy Sprit to decide for God for me. I think of His presence in me and remember:

He leadeth me and knows the way which I know not. Yet he will never keep from me what He would have me learn. And so I trust Him to communicate to me all that He knows for me...

I let Him teach me quietly how to perceive my guiltlessness, which is already there. Learning applies only to the condition in which it happens of itself.

To escape the world pain, replaced by the happy world of forgiveness, which is already there, I but accept my brother’s quiltlessness. This is my atonement.

This is the same really as today’s lesson.

I can escape the world I see, by giving up attack thoughts.

Ya know, in this world we resist giving anything up, yes? What the Atonement shows me is that what I thought was real, that I give up, is not real, but that behind that shadow is the world I want.

I give up my attack thought and the light of my brother’s guiltlessness comes flooding in my mind. Truth is offered first to be received, even as God gave it first to His Son.

I apply the lesson; I can escape the world I see by giving up my attack thoughts about…….. I forgive and see the guiltlessness of all concerned within the apparent situation and peace is restored…

This is, as the Course says, when Atonement becomes real and visible.

I LOVE IT!

COMMUNICATION WITH GOD IS LIFE…

THANK YOU!

I LOVE YOU!

No comments: