I DO NOT KNOW


"Simply do this: Be still and lay aside all thoughts of what you are and what God is; all concepts you have learned about the world; all images you hold about yourself. Empty you mind of everything it thinks is either true or false, or good or bad, of every thought it judges worthy, and all the ideas of which it is ashamed. Hold onto nothing. Do not bring with you one thought the past has taught, not one belief you learned before from anthing. Forget this world, forget this course, and come with wholly empty hands unto your God..."



Monday, January 19, 2009

CATS ARE BROTHERS, TOO!

I am determined to see. Period. It’s fun to see where we sneak little ‘ok’ weariness’ into little hiding places in our minds, yes? I’m having a ball with it. And here’s the deal: Any negative charge on anything or associated with anything is just plain daunting. Haven’t you noticed? Yet, just as surely, Forgiveness sets it free. The mere thought to see differently, lightens the load. We only stay in a negative space about something because we have actually convinced ourselves that we get something out of that perspective. Take for instance my cats. They can find a way to mess with the stasis of how you leave anything. If you leave a glass of water on the counter when you go to bed, find it broken on the floor in the morning. Leave your bedroom door open and they get to your husband’s paintbrushes; apparently wrestling them to the ground like the brushes are the intrusion in the room. They love to sleep in the bathroom sinks and tubs and drink from the toilets. And any small item left out and around becomes a toy to be acquired and played with. Plants are to be excavated, and a shut door is to be dug at and rammed against till the occupants pay attention. If there’s a room you don’t want them in, they wait at the door till it opens and sneak quickly by. And what is really fun is that if you sit down to do something; knit, type, etc, whatever you have on your lap, that’s exactly where they want to be. Now, for a second, I actually thought I would prefer not to have them; that life would be easier for me without them. Well that’s just silly! I have them. This is how they are. It’s perfect! I changed my mind. Peace comes quickly to the mind that lets all things be and loves all things exactly as they are. It’s just so simple. Why resist. It’s my mind. Do I want peace and joy or do I want a resentment at a cat? Seems ridiculous when you say it that way, doesn’t it? But actually, that’s life. It’s all in or all out. NO COMPROMISE! All love or all fear. All Heaven or living in the dirge of hell… Cats are brothers too. I have but one response to them~ Yeah! I am determined to see! The right mind makes no compromise. I see everything with the light of love, accepting the happy vision it reveals. So here’s the fun part. I adore the cats, now. Ambrose and Sparta are angels and family members. All those same things that I thought were annoying, I now find totally endearing. Seriously, their antics make me smile. And mine, well, I laugh out loud! I Love it! I am determined to see!

No comments: