Sometimes I feel like I ‘m signed up for ACIM lesson study for dummies. Today I was asked to post the next day’s lesson reflections before I wrap up the day so when those who follow the miracles blog as part of their lesson study, can jump-start their day with my reflections as well as the daily Course lesson, first thing in the morning.
Of course I said… YES. And I love this idea.
Then my mind went blank…
As I’m sure you’re aware, though, ego-mind always has a thought generator at the ready for just such occasions, willing and able to reboot the system, yes?.
Talk about images I have made~ every piddly-ass thing started bugging me. Things that don’t bug me tried to enroll me. Feeling images began as emotions of frustration and despondency. I didn’t recognize myself in the mirror (so to speak).
Then, as quick as it came, I remembered the lesson and applied it… what could be simpler? “My thoughts are images that I have made”. I literally started snickering. Those are not my real thoughts… merely images I have made in the dream… I am the dreamer; awake and alive and livin’ in God.
This lesson frees me proportionately to my willingness to be free…
Whenever I experience a period of seeming stress or resistance, lack or illness or frustration, listlessness … well, you know the list… The important thing to remember; no matter what the seeming conflict or upset is, it has NOTHING to do with the world outside myself. It’s always an inside job.
My thoughts are images that I have made…
It is so tempting to want to believe that stuff in the external world are causing the pain and disappointment and fear or whatever (FEAR) that shows up, and to justify particulars for the lack of accountability and responsibility for sight.
But it simply is not so. Here’s the key: whatever conflict, confusion, frustration, or lack of peace, with persons or situation or circumstance that are showing up in the world…NO MATTER WHAT they appear to be, they are reflecting the thoughts within the mind with which one is currently identifying..
The Course’s perspective on conflict is so very powerfully stated in lesson 333. I love it! Listen:
Conflict must be resolved. It cannot be evaded, set aside, denied, disguised, seen somewhere else, called by another name, or hidden by deceit of any kind, if it would be escaped. It must be seen exactly as it is, where it is thought to be, in the reality which has been given it, and with the purpose that the mind accorded it. For only then are its defenses lifted, and the truth can shine upon it as it disappears.
It is critical that we allow this idea to illuminate our mind. We are learning to discern that no one, nor any condition is doing anything to us. The battle is raging within and against the self. As we come to discern this and accept correction we rise above the battleground. Here we step aside and let the miracle save thousands of years in time for everyone.
Thoughts leave not their source and our Source is God, the cause of life and all therefore within. We, accordingly, are Christ, the effect.
Only the thoughts I think with God are real thoughts. The rest my thoughts are images that I have made.
God’s thought of us, His Son, is Perfect Love. Love, which created us, is what we are. Perfect love is what we are in truth. Perfect love casts out fear.
Yeah!

No comments:
Post a Comment