I DO NOT KNOW


"Simply do this: Be still and lay aside all thoughts of what you are and what God is; all concepts you have learned about the world; all images you hold about yourself. Empty you mind of everything it thinks is either true or false, or good or bad, of every thought it judges worthy, and all the ideas of which it is ashamed. Hold onto nothing. Do not bring with you one thought the past has taught, not one belief you learned before from anthing. Forget this world, forget this course, and come with wholly empty hands unto your God..."



Thursday, February 26, 2009

SALVATION IS THE HAPPY END GAME

SALVATION IS THE END GAME

I love house cleaning.

Yesterday, I was in the middle of waxing the hard-wood floors throughout this beautiful home of ours, thrilled to be in paradise. And the paradise of which speak was my not the house, but rather I was noticing my thoughts and watching the procession…

Here’s what I was thinking, “I love cleaning house. God is constantly on my mind when I’m cleaning and/or cooking… or listening to the children or hanging out with my husband… or talking on the phone… or walking to the library with the boys, talking to the librarian… visiting with my sisters…” I was warmed in gratitude as I found myself reviewing the day… “God is always on my mind it seems.”

I could feel the holiness of the whole exchange. So, it got me thinking. “God is always on my mind… The only time I’m not aware of God is when I not present with exactly what is right now. Example: I judge something ‘should be different than it is’. Like for instance, if I thought someone else should be helping or that I’d rather be ____ than being with exactly what actually is. You know what I mean.

We always, already, love what is… It is the distractions of false identify that give us trouble. (You know, it has that irritating, fingernails-on-blackboard itch to its voice that won’t seem to go away once you focus on it…it takes you out of now.

But more to the point, what I’m talking about is not so much being present with, say, cleaning this thing right in front of me, this floor, etc. Although for years just that kind of redirection is how I brought myself present.

Remember~There is no floor or cleaning, or me, for that matter. These are the dream and I the dreamer.

No, I am talking about the mind. I am talking about the experience of acceptance; letting all things be exactly as they are. I am talking about being free. I talking about keeping the light shining brightly so the shadows of judgment, guilt and fear have no place to hide. I am talking about keeping my mind fixed on salvation. The players and circumstances merely background the chance for salvation and to play in miracles.

Salvation is God’s game here on earth. (For God so loved the world that He gave it ‘to’ His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not parish but have everlasting life.) Salvation is the game of miracles; the joyous gathering of brother to brother in happy dreams. Like Jesus says in lesson 153 “We pause a moment more, to play our final, happy game upon this earth. And then we go to take our rightful place where truth abides and games are meaningless. So is the story ended.”

Salvation is the end game here. It can be thought of as the fun game that happy children play. It is played by those who have chosen to hear God’s call for ministers and accepted the appointment. It is for those willing to forgive and forget all thoughts of hurt and sacrifice and loss. We allow all the fearful war-games we made to be replaced with happy games of Love, and certainty, and safety, and togetherness.

In light and laughter dawns the happy awareness that fear is nothing and nowhere. In God’s game everyone wins, for the concept of loss has been forgiven. And everyone’s winning is a gain to everyone.

It is an absolute ball.

It’s the only game in town. It is the only way to fly… And we soar on the wings of angels in a state of grace forever.

Thanks for playing.

I love you.

No comments: